T. 805 626 8876
Consultations in person, by email, telephone, or studio visits are designed to help visual artists develop the skills they need to manage their art careers. Our extensive and varied experience combined with an understanding of art trends enables us to suggest viable and receptive markets most suited for each individual artist.
The initial consultation is an assessment of your professional presence, including your portfolio, website, resume, CV, biography and artist statement. We’ll discuss, develop and plan for your short and long term career goals. In person consultations are $225. Studio visits in the Greater Los Angeles/Ventura/Santa Barbara area begin at $250.
Consultation topics can include but are not limited to;
- Gallery Relationships (contracts, consignments, pricing, gallery selection, approach, presentation, exclusivity, insurance, packing, shipping, industry standards)
- Resources (conservation, framing, alternative spaces, copyright information, application procedures, business permits)
- Documentation (photographing artwork, image quality, updating image files, labeling images, image selection for applications)
- Records (mailing lists, contacts, reviews, articles, catalogs, organization)
- Grants & Jobs (grant opportunities, application process, fellowships, juried shows, resumes, CV formatting, portfolio presentation, art jobs)